Department: Museum Store
Supervisor: Museum Store Operations Manager
Reporting to the Museum Store Operations Manager, the Museum Store Sales Associate is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service to our customers. Sales Associates are responsible for driving sales by providing customers with product information, and information on Museum programs, exhibitions, and events. Sales Associates assist with restocking and rotating merchandise to increase store sales through a well-stocked and well-merchandised store.
- Greet and assist customers in an outgoing and courteous manner. Actively approach and advise customers to increase sales. Contribute to a congenial atmosphere on the selling floor.
- Demonstrate a strong working knowledge of all merchandise to drive sales.
- Complete all sales transactions including sales, returns, credits, any applicable discounts, and wrapping and bagging purchases.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the cash wrap area and store.
- Assist in preparing merchandise for the sales floor and re-stocking of merchandise on the sales floor.
- Perform other duties, as directed.
- Education & Training: Associate’s Degree (AA) with coursework in business and art history or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Work Experience: A minimum of one (1) year recent retail experience in a specialty retail store. Museum store experience is a definite plus.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to operate a cash register and work with a computer inventory system. Ability to work effectively with the public, and as a team player with co-workers.
- Knowledge of art history, including familiarity with modern and contemporary art. Knowledge of Jewish history, culture, and ceremonial art preferred. Demonstrated punctuality and dependability.
- Working Conditions: Must have the ability to stand for periods of time, to lift up to 40 lbs., and to climb a stepladder. Must be able and willing to work a flexible schedule based on Museum Store hours, which does include weekend and some evening hours.
Please submit cover letter and resume, via e-mail or fax to:
Contemporary Jewish Museum
736 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
No phone calls please.
The Contemporary Jewish Museum is an equal opportunity employer.