Job Title: On-Call Audio Visual Technician
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: IT/AV Coordinator
The on-call A/V Technician will provide audiovisual services for Museum meetings and events, exhibitions and programming on an as-needed basis; The nature of the work requires the ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment; a solid working knowledge of a broad range of audiovisual equipment and basic computer systems; administrative and organizational skills.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assists and supports Facility Rentals, Public Programs, and Exhibition and Curatorial staff for presentation of events in the Multi-Purpose Room, Education Center, Special Events Gallery and the Grand Lobby.
- Moves, sets up, takes down, operates, and adjusts audiovisual equipment, including microphones, portable sound systems, video cameras, and projectors; pulls and installs additional cable as necessary.
- Consults with and advises museum staff regarding a wide variety of audiovisual needs. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong working knowledge of current audiovisual technology including: a wide range of audiovisual equipment, sound techniques and acoustics; the installation, operation, and set up of all regularly used audiovisual equipment; safety and security procedures with regard to handling and storage of audiovisual equipment.
- Solid application skills for both Mac and PC systems, including word processing and spreadsheet proficiency; familiarity with calendaring and/or scheduling software preferred. Computer hardware skill a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to operate, maintain, and make minor repairs on a broad variety of audiovisual equipment.
- Ability to work irregular schedule, including nights and weekends, based upon audiovisual needs of museum.
- Conscientious self starter with proven ability to manage and independently prioritize multiple tasks while ensuring timely, high quality outcomes.
- Experience in a museum preferred
Physical agility, good vision, and manual dexterity required to move, operate, and make minor repairs of equipment. Requires lifting and carrying equipment (ability to lift up to 60 lbs) such as amplifiers, projectors, etc.; involves frequent moderate to long periods of bending, stooping, crawling, climbing, pushing, pulling, standing, or sitting.
Send Cover Letter including salary requirements and resume to:
Contemporary Jewish Museum
736 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
No phone calls please.
Application deadline: Open until filled
The Contemporary Jewish Museum is an equal opportunity employer.