Reports to: Controller
Status: Full-time, Exempt
To support the Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance Department. To relieve the Controller of certain responsibilities that will allow them to spend a greater portion of their time on Financial Statement preparation and analysis, Budget and Variance issues, and Forecasting.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide monthly detail to the Controller for General Journal entries (including, but not limited to electronic bank transactions, gifts of securities, Accounts Receivable and other balance sheet entries)
- Acquire necessary approvals for Accounts Payable Invoices from various departments
- Enter approved Accounts Payable invoices in Accounting System; prepare edit sheet for review of pending payments
- Process Accounts Payable paperwork at completion of the check run
- Assist Controller with payroll preparation for upload to ADP Payroll system, and manage payroll related documents, such as binders for all payroll reports
- Ensure proper recording of new Fixed Asset purchases and disposals
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules
- Prepare correspondence as needed within the department
- Prepare labels and maintain files as needed within the department
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice - by the COO or the Controller
- A Bachelors degree in accounting, or a Bachelors degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets
- Must be skilled in use of MS Word and must be a very good writer in order to handle the occasional administrative needs of the department
- Must have very good verbal skills
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures
Send Cover Letter and resume to:
The Contemporary Jewish Museum
736 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
No phone calls please.
Application deadline: Open until filled.
The Contemporary Jewish Museum is an equal opportunity employer.