Department: Marketing & Communications
Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
Status: Full-time, Exempt
As a Jewish institution seeking to engage the broader public, The Contemporary Jewish Museum requires a Digital Engagement Associate whose intellectual passions transcend boundaries; someone able to mine the richness of cultural specificity while reaching beyond traditional patterns and expectations. As such, this position bridges communication between The CJM’s online and offline audiences, and requires experience in digital marketing, digital content management, and metrics reporting.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Executes social media campaigns on a day-to-day basis (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram) that is in line with the Marketing & Communications department’s goals.
- Manages a production calendar of marketing campaigns and digital content inspired by exhibitions, programs, and other subject matter relevant.
- Develops and maintains promotional partnerships with other Bay Area institutions, such as museums, program partners, community and Jewish cultural organizations.
- Participates in creating milestones for engagement and conversion, measurement, and explains findings to the Marketing department.
- Strategizes and manages Google ad word and social media paid campaigns.
- Reads press releases, related publications, meets with organizational stakeholders, and performs research to be able to communicate in an informed way to engage online visitors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong experience with digital marketing and strategies
- Ability to create and adapt pertinent Jewish and contemporary art content to a broad audience (cross cultural)
- Strong copy writing and editing skills
- Clear grasp/understanding of basic graphic design
- Ability to communicate cross-departmentlly and outside the organization
- Ability to interpret and report data from social media
- Ability to manage and/or produce video/audio content a plus
- BA or BS degree, with courses and/or hands on experience with digital engagement and marketing, analytics gathering, and reporting
- Minimum 2-3 years experience of digital marketing trends and techniques. Non profits arts related experience and knowledge of contemporary art museums and Jewish culture strongly preferred
- Candidate must be able to pariticpate in a fast-paced environment, and working within the framework of a cultural, branded organization
Send Cover Letter and resume to:
The Contemporary Jewish Museum
736 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
No phone calls please.
Application deadline: Open until filled.
The Contemporary Jewish Museum is an equal opportunity employer.